The Pequops Wildlife Safety Crossings project was completed in the Fall of 2017. This $15 Million Nevada Department of Transportation project along I-80 is located in the Pequops mountain range – approximately 14 miles East of Wells, Nevada. One of the main goals of the project was to enhance the safety of drivers and wildlife along this part of freeway by reducing the number of vehicle-wildlife collisions.
Wadsworth Brothers Construction was in constant communication and pre-planning with the Nevada Department of Transportation to ensure the two-year project was executed successfully, while maintaining minimal sized work areas along I-80. Some of the key items of work included:
- Erecting four multi plate structural steel overpasses
- Adding 22 miles of wildlife fencing
- Importing 200,000 tons of A1 select material
- Building 1.5 miles of concrete barrier rail
- Using 1,500 CY of structural concrete
- Adding miscellaneous drainage and landscaping
WBC exhibited outstanding coordination between subcontractors and suppliers, employed highly skilled supervision and craft labor, and had zero lost time accidents during this successful two-year project.